Children too are a gift from the LORD, The fruit of the womb, A reward. – Psalm 127:3

Monday, June 20, 2011

No Pain, No Gain, Right?!?

So today was my HSG test with Dr Hill at Centennial, downtown Nashville. Ben actually got to go with me :) So first of all, I had to take 600mg of Ibuprofen with breakfast this morning to help with pain and I HATE medicine. Really. I do. But I took it anyways. We got to the Surgery Center at 7:10, 20 minutes before our mandatory 1 hour early arrival time which was fine, because I had 5 pages of paper work to fill out. Might I add that this was the same stuff they required me to get online and fill out last week. Pretty stupid if you ask me. But that's ok! So we will out the paper work and wait for the nurse to call my name. When the nurse finally came out to get us, she told Ben to sit back down. I was kind of nervous at this point, because I wanted him in there with me. But on the way back she said don't worry. Once we get you changes and take vitals he can come back here with you. That put a smile back on my face. I wasn't really looking forward to doing this alone by any means. After all my vitals were taking she gave me a green gown (AND it actually wrapped around my ENTIRE body and had extra!! I hate the little paper things that fit size 0 people! lol) and some slipper gripper socks! Let me tell you, I was the envy of that floor! HA!

Here I am relaxed waiting on Dr Hill to come in and let me know what we're getting ready to do. That was the most uncomfortable pillow ever. But I was very glad for those socks and blankets because it was FREEZING in there!! 
Once Dr Hill came out of surgery he came to my room and let us know what was going on. They were going to take me to the OR, (and Ben wasn't allowed in there which made me sad and even more nervous.) and once I transferred beds they would do a few ex-rays on my pelvic area. I actually got this awesome heater tube put under my blanket since it was even colder in there! After that, they cleaned the outside of my "stuff" I will call it, then insert the ICE COLD "tongs" ( I have my own wordage due to the fact that I can't spell out what it actually is!)and cleaned the inside. I thought this would be a breeze but oh goodness was that stuff all COLD!! I clinched up a little but couldn't move much because they strapped my legs into the stirrups. Like I'm gonna get up and run with stuff down there! Lol. Anyhoo. Once everything was sterilized, he gave me a shot to numb my cervix which hurt pretty bad and I was hoping that that would be the worst of it, but boy was I wrong. Once he inserted that dye and started moving my cervix, I teared up. (I have an inverted uterus by the way.) It was the WORST pain I have ever had in my life. I can't really describe it either, but it hurt something awful. Of course all the nurse's rub your arm and ask "Are you ok, honey?" knowing good and well you aren't because you're crying. BUT the news made it all worth while.
Dr Hill showed me the ex-ray of my cervix. Here are two different photos. They printed too many so the guy who did them asked if I wanted a souvenir. Duh.
A fantastically perfect uterus, other than the fact that it's inverted!
This is my uterus full of fluid and you can see where it started to fill my fallopian tubes on both the left and right side.
He said that everything looks super great but he still wants to get my blood work down to make sure that I don't have any genetic problems. However once they rolled us back into the room, he let us know that part of Ben's blood work came in and it showed Chromosomal Abnormalities, which he was worried about. 
There could be a number of things that means, but regardless we will still love our baby :) We have another appointment June 30th at 8:45 am to discuss all the blood results of Ben (this is unless all the test for him haven't come in yet, then we need to reschedule). On the 2nd or 3rd day of my next cycle, which should be June 13/14th I have to go in for my blood work. 
But overall it was a pretty great day with awesome news. God is amazing and that's the only reason we got the great news! If it wasn't meant to be, it wouldn't have been. 


1 Chronicles 16:12 Remember His marvelous works that He hath done, His wonders, and the judgments of His mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment