Children too are a gift from the LORD, The fruit of the womb, A reward. – Psalm 127:3

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Let Me Introduce You

    I'm new to the whole blogging thing so forgive me. I'm not worried about correct grammer nor am I worried if what I type doesn't make sense to you! Today I wanted to introduce you to Ben and I if you don't know us.

    I was born in Jacksonville NC July 30th 1988 and grew up in Arlington KY for most of my life. My mother's name is Jeri Lin and I have 3 younger sisters: Kelsie-who has 1 daughter, Anjerika-, Jonel and Shaina. Ben was born August 27th 1986 in Paducah KY and grew up down the road in Arlington as well. His parent's are Robert and Cynthia , and he has only one sibling, a younger brother, Jonathan.

    We went to school and church together never really thinking of each other as more than friends. I guess my senior year of high school is when I got serious when it came to wanting to date and I had my eye on him! There was just something about him that I couldn't help but love. He was always there to listen when I needed someone to talk to and he'd talk when needed. He could make me laugh when no one else could. He loved to do a lot of things I did, such as cooking, playing games and watching movies. Cliche I know but that's who we are. You could find us together a lot with youth at our church. So I decided to write him a letter before I left for college in 2006. So happens he felt the exact same way and on September 6th we decided to give it a shot, even though I moved away for college 4 hours away the next month. We knew it would be hard, but we wanted to see how things went. We defiantly had our ups and downs, but we think that being such great friends before dating makes us a better couple.

Ben proposed on December 19 2007 in Louisville where I was attending school. We actually went to the mall to pick up some Christmas gifts and when he asked what I wanted to eat for dinner I replied "I don't care", he told me to grab the directions of of the truck door. He had made reservations at a super nice restaurant, The Patron. I expected he might propose there because we had been discussing it, but nothing. I'll be honest I was kind of let down. Afterwords we went and looked at Christmas lights then headed back to the apartment where I realized I had lost my keys (little did I know it was all part of the plan). He called my roommate and she was across the parking lot. Ben started to drive around towards her then stopped. He got me out of the truck (it's freezing might I share) and I realized what was happening. There were candles all down the walkway and rose petals as well. We got down to the end of the walkway and there was a heart out of rose petals with a huge bouquet in the center. My roommate was there taking photos. He got down on his knees and asked me to marry him. What else he may have said, I'm not really sure because I was crying and in shock!  Of course I said yes though! 
    It was a very exciting time in our life as well as scary as we starting really thinking about our fast approaching future together. He graduated from Murray State May 2008 and I graduated Sullivan University October 2008. I tied the knot with my best friend October 25th 2008. We enjoyed a wonderful cruise to the Bahamas for our honeymoon....We hope to take many more trips like that. Its so much fun traveling the world together!

    Fast forward 5 years and here we are today. Ben has been an IT Analyst at Caterpillar Financial in Nashville since 2008 and I have been decorating cakes in a grocery store since 2009. (He has his degree in TSM, I have mine in Culinary Arts/Baking and Pastry Arts). We bought our first home April 2010 and got our first dog at the same time. We can't wait to see where we are in 5 more years. Hopefully we will have started a family by then and I'll be doing cakes on my own as a steady full time income. Until then we just take life one day at a time and try to enjoy everything, even the small things.

No comments:

Post a Comment