Children too are a gift from the LORD, The fruit of the womb, A reward. – Psalm 127:3

Friday, July 27, 2012

37 Weeks and Counting

Yesterday was my weekly checkup as well as an ultrasound...An unexpected ultrasound at that...We were told our previous would be the last, so this made me very excited! My youngest sister and her best friend were here for the week and excited to go with. Since Callie is stubborn and doesn't really show us her face, my sister thought she would be our good luck charm this time around. I told her I highly doubted that...and I was right!
Callie is still head down, but this time she was laying on her left side (she eventually turned back toward my back, so we didn't get a single good view of her!) Her estimate weight was 6lbs4oz and a heart rate of 156(later at the OB, it was 144). Amniotic fluid still looks good and she was in the 34th percentile for growth! So blessed for good news every visit! 
So after the ultrasound, I headed to my OB's office for my checkup. At my last appointment, I had only gained 1/2lb in a week. This time, I gained 6lbs...6lbs....in a week!?!?! What the crap! I haven't even any differently. Ben said he feels I have been drinking more water is all. My blood pressure was great-122/70. It has been fairly consistant with this number the entire time, so Dr Wingo believes my weight gain is just fluid retention, which he said was normal at this point. I was told to continue pushing fluids and to come back Tuesday instead of later in the week to see if I'm still gaining that fast. If I am, I'm not sure what he will want to do?!. 
I have thinned even more(what percent, I'm not sure-he doesn't really say), and I have dilated to 1cm....that is pretty exciting. I'm glad my body knows what it needs to be doing. I will say that the checkup this week was even more uncomfortable than the first. Maybe that's common?

Today is my 37th week...So I am officially FULL TERM!!!! I can't believe we have made it to this point! And I certainly cannot wait to meet our little girl! I made my last trip to Ky without a baby...next time we go, we will have a family of 3, plus our furbaby. So crazy to think about! I can't believe how blessed we really are. I can honestly say, though, that at this point, I am ready to not be pregnant anymore. The heat is crazy, the lack of sleep stinks(even though it's preparing us for down the road) and the hormones are CRAZY....crazy let me tell you. I think I've cried at least once a day for the last month, most of the time for no reason...Makes me laugh thinking about it now. But Ben knows I can't help it and he just tells me how much he loves me and gives me a kiss on the cheek, and it's all better :) But even though I am ready for this to all be over and for us to be holding Callie in our arms, I will miss every bit of what I complain about...I really will....But I can make a new post about that after she is born so I can see how I really feel.

Until my next appointment....




No comments:

Post a Comment