Children too are a gift from the LORD, The fruit of the womb, A reward. – Psalm 127:3

Friday, July 20, 2012

Am I dilated?

Of course that is the question every mom to be has once she hits 36 weeks and starts the pelvic exams! I know I wanted to know what was going on. But I was also nervous when I got to the Dr because what if my body wasn't doing what it was supposed to? I was also scared of how it was going to feel, but other than a lot of pressure due to Callie being so far down, it was no worse than a pap. I was happy about that!
Well, to answer my question, my body is doing what it should! Although I haven't dilated any, my cervix has started to thin out, which is great. Callie was on the move a lot today, so we didn't get an exact heart beat, but an estimate in the 160's. Dr Wingo even felt her head when he checked me!  (I text my mother and told her I was going to try and feel her head...she told me I couldn't lol!) They also did my Strep B test today, so I'm sure I will be told the results next week.
I get another ultrasound Thursday, which I didn't expect...I feel like I've gotten way more than he originally told me I would! I'm not complaining though :) Then we have our appointment right after. Hopefully my body is progressing even more by then! From what I've read over the last few months, I need to have lots of sex and walk a lot! I think the mall is calling my name this weekend ;)

 I still can't believe I will be considered FULL TERM next Friday!!!! Woohooo!!! The end is near :)






No comments:

Post a Comment