Children too are a gift from the LORD, The fruit of the womb, A reward. – Psalm 127:3

Wednesday, August 08, 2012

38 and 39 weeks

I didn't write a blog post last week about my checkup, so I hope I can remember everything! This pregnancy brain thing is no joke! 
Let's see...Instead of gaining weight...I LOST 5 lbs of fluid! That was great news!! I was so afraid of something being wrong and putting on 6+lbs again. Callie's heart rate was 150...She was down pretty low the Dr said. I was dilated almost to 2, but not quit, so we will say 1.5 lol. Thinned still at 60%(no change from the week before) I was told I had a lot of fluid around the baby, which is fine. He would rather me have more than not enough. 
At my 39 week checkup, I only gained 1 lb...There was a heart rate of 141, and I had no change in dilation or thinning. I asked if he could sweep my membranes...He couldn't reach, so Beth, my nurse, said she will try at next weeks appointment (Dr Wingo will be out of the office). The earliest I will be induced is August 21st(13 days away) if Callie doesn't decide to come on her own...I don't want to wait that much longer, so I hope she comes lol.
I haven't lost my mucus plug, that I have been aware of. I haven't really had any contractions...I have back pain, pains in my lower belly...but nothing that I think is major. Sleep has become impossible...but it's been like that for a while. Not much longer though...that is nice to know she will be here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment