Children too are a gift from the LORD, The fruit of the womb, A reward. – Psalm 127:3

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Finances and Waiting. Hmmm

So, not too much has happened since my last post. I had my blood work done 2 weeks ago almost and was told that everything looked perfect....great hormone levels, no chromosome problems, etc. But we did get some bummer mail. Ben's blood work cost $1510. Insurance only covered $100.96 bringing out total to $1414.04!!! WHAT?!?! Yea that's what I said. That's a lot of money for some blood work. So I called the lab about a possible discount (never hurts to try) or a repayment plan, and they said there is no help but they did have a 5 month payment plan. Basically you just pay what you can every month. After 5 months if you aren't paid in full, you start another 5 month repayment plan. That's better than having to pay in full by August 9th!! HOWEVER, there is assistance available based on income. And currently we make too much money for anything. I did get the paper to fill out just to try for help, and it has a section to write any extra details on why you need help, so this is great! Maybe explaining to them about what we pay each month in student loans will help them see that we really can't afford it. What makes it even worse is that I had the exact same blood work, so we are expecting another $1414 bill in the next month. So I hope this goes in our favor. If not, God will be there to provide us with a way of affording this. 
We have our Genetic Probing appointment August 10th, to discuss all the details, then we are done with Dr Hill until we save up the money for a round of IVF. Until then, we will just keep practicing ;) Practice makes perfect, right?!?!
This is how I feel currently!

No comments:

Post a Comment