Children too are a gift from the LORD, The fruit of the womb, A reward. – Psalm 127:3

Monday, November 14, 2011

Needles? Eh, No Thanks!

Well we are well into our IVF Cycle and I have already had my share of needles! My very first Lupron shot I really psyched myself out. I almost couldn't sleep the night before!  I gave myself the shot, and inserting fast is the key! Found that the hard way! Once in it's didn't hurt. But I did get a little bruise. My one and only. I took 10 units of this per day.

I felt off all week, like I didn't really care about anything and and I was a bit tired. But I dealt with it! Thursday the 10th was our first checkup. They said it would be about 3 hours so Ben and I took off the day. It ended up being 1.5 hours, so we just hung out together :) My BP was 150/80. My top is usually high like 128/130 at the highest. Can you say NERVOUS??? We forgot to retake it before I left. During the ultrasound, they did find a cyst on my left ovary. That is nothing unusual with my PCOS. But they want to keep an eye out on it. I had not started my period yet, so Kelli, our IVF nurse, was worried that my Estrodiol levels weren't low enough. They did the trial embryo transfer, which sounds worse than it actually was. It is like a Pap, but they put in this catheter type tube to measure the length to your cervix. This was Ben's first experience seeing anything like that lol. Anyhoo. We got our mailbox number set up before we left the office. We will call this every-time I go into the office and have blood-work to get results, and to *hopefully* keep tabs on our embabies in a few days! I was super nervous for the message to be left, because if my levels weren't low enough, our cycle was going to be pushed out further by a week or so. Luckily my Estrodiol level was 36, which is good. Not sure what that means, but I'm happy with that! And Friday AF arrived as Kelli had said it would. Sunday the 13th my new regime started. 5 units of Lupron in the Am. and 250iu of Follistim and 1 mg Dexamethason 12 hours later. 


Wednesday 11/16 and Friday 11/18 I go for more blood-work and an ultrasound. Currently our egg retrieval is going to be Wednesday 11/23 and the transfer will be the next Wednesday December 1st, as I understood. I will know more at the appointments this week. 

Now we are just trying to decide (if the Dr gives us a choice) if we want to transfer 1 or 2 embroys. It's a hard choice. So continue to pray for us :) 

We love you guys!!

Ben and Brittanie <3

No comments:

Post a Comment