Children too are a gift from the LORD, The fruit of the womb, A reward. – Psalm 127:3

Friday, October 18, 2013

Callie is 1 already!

So, our sweet girl turned 1 on August 16. Words cannot explain how happy and sad I was that day. I was so happy to see how much Callie had grown and learned in what felt like a short amount of time, but I was so sad at how fast the year had blown by. In a year, she learned how to
*sit up on her own
*roll from back to belly and back again
*crawl
*walk (by 9 months!!)
*eat on her own
*say momma, dada, hi and nana
*blow kisses
*hug your neck
*clap
*help put stuff away or in the trash
*bring you a certain item you asked for, such as her baby or sippy cup
*point to her nose, eyes and stick out her tongue

I am sure that there are many other things she learned along the way, but  I won't type everything out! We could be here all day! She had 8 teeth by age 1 (and 4 molars by 13 months old), and she has yet to get a hair cut. I love her little ringlet curls and can't make myself cut them off! Not even just a trim!

I cant say enough how blessed I am to be this little girls mom. She makes me realize that nothing else in the world matters, except love. And I love her more than anything. I catch myself smiling at her throughout the day, for no reason, other than the fact that she is a part of me, living and learning and exploring all the things around her. She looks at the world, and daddy and I, in amazement, and warms our soul. I thank God for her daily. She has made me a better person! 

I can't wait to see where she is at age 2-it will be here before you know it! I am super excited for her to start talking in sentences, playing tag, doing fun crafts together, and playing dress up! Fun times are coming our way!! 

Until next time.... (which could be a while, as my last post was in Feb-but hey, we've sold a house and moved since then, so it's ok! We've been busy living life)

Here are a few photos from this year. Follow me on instagram for daily photos! brittanie_hocker :)




















No comments:

Post a Comment